The Data Science Immersive at Galvanize is a hands-on, project-based program that trains participants to solve data science problems. Through working with messy, real-world data sets, students gain experience across the data science stack — data munging, exploration, modeling, validation, visualization, and communication. The program is based in Python, and utilizes tools and libraries including pandas, matplotlib, numpy, pymc, and scikit-learn. As data sets get larger, we introduce tools like SQL and NoSQL. Alumni tell us that they’ve never learned more information in such a short amount of time, and many form lasting relationships with friends in the program and among our alumni network.
Articles in this section
- Am I qualified for the Data Science Immersive Program?
- What is the admissions process for the Data Science Immersive?
- How long does the Data Science Immersive admissions process take?
- What is the admissions criteria for the Data Science Immersive program?
- What previous experience do I need have?
- What backgrounds do students come from?
- What is the Data Science Immersive program commitment?
- What will I learn in the Data Science Immersive program?
- What does a typical day look like?
- What kind of laptop do I need for the Data Science Immersive?