For the Web Development program, Galvanize requires that students use a MacBook 1 year or newer with 4GB of RAM available. If you do not already have or plan to purchase an approved machine, you may buy one through Galvanize when you gain admission to the program. The Web Development program purchases an 8GB 13” MacBook Air on the student’s behalf. If you have your own MacBook Pro or Air which is less than 1 year old and has 4GB of RAM, you are welcome to use it. Do keep in mind that new software will be put on the computer so it will need to be cleaned when joining Galvanize.
Articles in this section
- Am I the right fit for the the Web Development Immersive?
- Who can apply for a Galvanize Immersive Program?
- What backgrounds do Web Development students come from?
- What is the program commitment?
- What will I learn in the Web Development program?
- What does a typical day in the Web Development program look like?
- What kind of computer do I need for the Web Development program?
- What can I expect by the end of the Web Development program?